July 21-23, 2023
GAME START TIMES
Friday - 1pm, 2pm, 3pm & 4pm
Saturday - 8am - 9pm
Sunday - 8am - TBD (based on number of teams)
Liberty University - LaHaye Fitness & Recreation Center, Liberty Arena
EC Glass HS
Letter to Basketball Coaches and Contacts - Important Information!
(9th & 10th grade - Girls ONLY - Combined and 11th & 12th grades - BOTH Genders - combined)
Age Divisions (PDF)
5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th/12th Grade Boys are ALL FULL.
4th/5th, 7th, and 11th/12th Grade Girls are ALL FULL.
If you would like to be put on the waitlist for one of these divisions email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
REGISTRATION FEES -
| $300 per team
||If received by 11:59PM of June 21
| $325 per team
||If received between June 22 and 11:59 PM of July 2
| $350 per team
||If received between July 3 and 11:59PM of July 5 (NO TEAMS WILL BE ALLOWED AFTER JULY 5th)
|There is an option to pay to be guaranteed to not play on Friday: $75 - If received by 11:59PM of June 21 and $100 if received after June 21st. Due to the high volume of paid No Firday teams, we have had to discontinue that option as part of the registration process for the rest of 2023. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Payment due at time of registration.
Online Registrations ONLY are accepted!
Groups bringing three or more teams will be eligible to receive 10% off registration fees. You must contact our office for a coupon code in order to receive the 10% off - email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the code.
$5 Friday, $15 Saturday, $15 Sunday or $30 Weekend
Deadline – July 5, 2023 at 11:59PM
Payment due at time of registration.
TEAM WAIVER (Required)
Team Roster Form
Important Notice: Basketball Competition will be limited to the first 100 teams that enter and pay their registration fee or until a division is full. You must pay at time of registration to secure your spot.
To look up participating teams in an age division follow these steps:
- Click the link here
- Click the Participant list button (under Click here to view or modify registration)
- Select Boys or Girls division
- Select grade
- The teams currently registered will populate
***The home teams for each game will be required to provide a person to keep the book at the scorekeepers table.
Rules and Special Rules
Rosters: Team rosters are limited to 15 players, 2 coaches and 1 scorekeeper
Schedules: Schedules will be posted online as well as emailed to team representatives on/after July 14, 2023. Some divisions will be required to play on Friday afternoon, July 21st.
Conduct of Players: Unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of players, coaches or spectators will not be tolerated and may result in expulsion from the VA Commonwealth Games. Coaches will be held responsible for their players & spectators.
Team Check-In: Teams will not be allowed to play until they check in. Check will be Friday, July 21st from 8am - 6pm at the Lahaye Student Center - Lahaye Event Space. Teams will forfeit their first game for failure to check-in. PLEASE BRING BIRTH CERTIFICATES & REPORT CARDS WITH YOU TO TEAM CHECK IN. NO EXCEPTIONS AND NO REFUNDS. If you have not turned in your waiver, that will be required at check in as well!
Grades: Division category is determined by the age of the oldest team player. Coaches should be prepared to show proof of players age upon demand. Coaches will be required to furnish player proof of age/eligibility upon request from tournament director at anytime during competition. Teams are not to be coed, they are to be same gender only.
Eligibility: Coaches are responsible to see that their team meets all eligibility requirements. If a player is found to be ineligible prior to the start of a sanctioned competition, the player will be expelled from the competition and the team will continue. If a player is found to be ineligible after the competition has started, the player will be expelled from the competition and the team will forfeit all games which the ineligible player was listed on the official score sheet. The team may continue to participate, if applicable, without the expelled player. Players are not allowed to appear on multiple rosters in the tournament.
Proof of Age: Must be available for review, by a VA Commonwealth Games representative at any time during the competition. If said information is not available the team is subject to removal from the competition. Acceptable documents include the following:
1. a photocopy of that shows portion of the athletes' report card for the current school year which shows name, grade and school.
2. Confirmation of grade level from a school administrator (guidance counselor, principal, dean, etc.) on school letterhead.
3. a photocopy of certificate of live birth from the State, County or Municipal Bureau of Vital Statistics on the place of birth (Hospital Records NOT Accepted).
4. A photocopy of the delayed registration of birth if the athlete's birth was not recorded on his day of birth, issued by the same governing bodies.
5. An unexpired Passport
6. Valid Driver's License or State issued I.D.
Format of Play: 3 Game Guarantee. Note - No team will receive medals if they do not participate in medal games.
Rules of Play: Virginia High School League and VA Commonwealth Games rules for boys and girls basketball will be followed with the following playing times and rules modifications:
1. 4th grade - 5th grade will play 16 minutes halves, 6th- 8th grades will play 18 minute halves, 9thgrade and up- including adults will play 20-minute halves. There will be a running clock for everything except time outs and the last 2 minutes of each half. All ages will have 5-minute halftimes and 3 minute overtime.
2. If the game is tied at the end of regulation, then all overtime periods shall be 3 minutes in length until the game is decided. One additional time out per overtime period.
3. Only those persons whose names appear on the official roster may sit on the bench. This includes 15 team players, 2 coaches & 1 scorekeeper.
4. Matching jerseys with numbers are required. Duplicate numbers are not allowed.
5. A player may participate in only one grade division, per weekend.
Game Balls - The undersized basketball (circumference shall be 28.5) shall be used for All 4th Grade- 6th grade competition. Teams must provide their own practice ball. Home team will provide the game ball and balls MUST be sanitized between use.
2023 Virginia Commonwealth Games merchandise will be available for purchase during events or online.
2023 Virginia Commonwealth Games bronze, silver and gold medals will be given in each category/division
Online Regististration/Website Questions: Contact the Virginia Amateur Sports office at email@example.com
All dates, times, locations and formats are tentative at this time. Virginia Amateur Sports reserves the right to make changes to the sport information noted on this page. Some dates, locations and times may change due to registration numbers. Participants are encouraged to check sport info often for any changes.
Want to volunteer for the 2023 Games?
Fill out the Volunteer Application online: