EARLY REGISTRATION DUE THURSDAY, JUNE 14th.
REGISTER EARLY FOR A $20 DISCOUNT!
CLINIC DATE: Saturday, June 22, 2019
CLINIC LOCATION: Staunton River High School, 1095 Golden Eagle Dr, Moneta, VA
CLINIC TIME: Registration opens at 8:30 am. Clinic begins at 9:00 am. Sessions will end by 3:00 pm and there will be an optional “mock meet” at 3 pm for anyone who wants additional throwing time or measured throws.
COST: $40 per person for EARLY REGISTRATION (due by 6/10) or $60 per person after.
Coaches are $20 per person or free with five (5) paid athletes.
T-shirt sizes only guaranteed if registered by June 10th (after that sizes can't be promised).
- Each athlete will get FOUR (4) skill sessions under the instruction of area college coaches, some open throwing time, and optional informational sessions during the lunch break.
- Athletes can opt to participate in shot put only, discus only or both. Double event athletes will have two sessions on each event.
- Coaches are invited to register and then can attend any sessions to film/take notes, etc.
- There will be optional clinics during the lunch break on NCAA recruiting and USATF rules.
- Pizza lunch is provided for all registered participants (coaches and athletes).
- We will provide Powerade with lunch and have water coolers available throughout the day, but we recommend that participants bring a water bottle to fill up.
- Additional concessions will be available for purchase by participants, and by any spectators who stay for the duration of the clinic.
- T-shirts are provided for all registered participants (coaches and athletes). If you do not register in advance, then we cannot guarantee your preferred t-shirt size.
- Parents are welcome to stay for the clinic, as we will have a designated area for spectators, but you will likely want to bring a chair of your own. If they want to attend the sessions and video, etc., then they need to register as a coach.
- We will have plenty of implements for athletes to use. If you bring your own shot or discus, then you are responsible for it and you need to label it adequately.
- Register as either a Group A or Group B athlete, so that our coaching staff can gear their instruction to the correct level. This is NOT an indication of grade level, but of throwing experience. Suggested guidelines are belong, for shot and discus:
Girls A: <28 ft and <75 ft Girls B: >28 ft and >75 ft
Boys A: <38 ft and <95 ft Boys B: >38 ft and >95 ft